Journaling is the perfect way to practice self-care and to reflect on your life. It’s gives you direction of who you are, what you need and where you want to go. Helping you to heal in difficult times and to understand what’s important to you. Ultimately giving you a better understanding of yourself and your values. By journaling you will find yourself on a path of self-reflection and self-discovery. You will find answers to meaningful and honest questions such as what is my purpose? What makes me happy? Yet one of the obstacles which many of us face when putting pen to paper, is that we don’t know what to write about.
I have lots of pretty journals in my bedroom yet I haven’t written in half of them. Simply because I don’t want to mess up the first page by not knowing what to write. Then there are others times when I have countless thoughts running through my mind and I just don’t know where to begin.
In this post you will find questions as well as inspiring quotes for you and your journal. Let’s get journaling!
- Describe your dream job
- Describe a happy memory
- List three things you do well
- One new things you want to try
- List ten things which make you smile
- Write about a challenge you’ve overcome
- One thing you love about yourself/your life
- Write about something you’re looking forward to
- One way you would like to grow over the next year
- Write down one positive affirmation which will help you grow
- What are you grateful for?
- What is holding you back?
- Who do you admire and why?
- Your favourite quotes to live by?
- What have you done to be proud of?
- What would you like to do more of?
- What would you prefer to do less of?
- What is causing you stress right now?
- What can you do to relieve this stress?
- Your favourite thing about this week?
- What is your goal for this year/month?
- If you was fearless what would you do?
- What are your priorities/values in life?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- What is going well in your life right now?
- Which small things in life make you happy?
- How have you grown in in the past two years?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- “Dream, create, inspire”
- “Too glam to give a dam”
- “It’s a good day for a good day”
- “Start each day with a grateful heart”
- “I am a day dreamer and a night thinker”
- “Embrace the ordinary with enchantment”
- “It’s the little moments which make life big”
- “The best view comes after the hardest climb”
- “Some days you have to create your own sunshine”
- “Push yourself because no one is going to do it for you”
- “To be creative means to be in love with life” – Osho
- If someone tells you, “You can’t” they really mean, “I can’t”
- “Just remember, even your worst days have only 24 hours” – Moosa Rahat
- “It isn’t what we say or think that defines us but what we do” – Jane Austen
- “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – C.S Lewis
- “I figure if I’m going to be a mess I might as well be a hot mess” –Mindy Kailing
- “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm” – Winston Churchill
Do you love to journal? Can you share any journal prompt ideas?