Happy New Year!
I have a feeling that this year will be a good one. Why? Because this year I’m going to approach a couple of things in my life slightly differently. I hope you can join me on my journey! Instead of giving myself a resolution at the start of the year, I’m going to set myself monthly goals. Each goal I set will be a stepping stone towards the next, giving me a sense of achievement and encouragement throughout the year.
In fact, I’ve decided to create a BRAND NEW category on my blog dedicated entirely to goal setting! Each month I will review last months objectives and let you know my challenges for the following month. Now that’s commitment!
Why am I setting monthly goals and why am I sharing them with you?
- I believe setting goals will help me stay motivated.
- I hope by sharing my goals I will inspire you to set your own!
Now let’s start…
I’m fairly new to the blogging world as I launched Those Positive Thoughts in November 2016. So I want to set myself some goals to make its first year a good one. I can’t tell at the moment if these goals are going to be too difficult or too easy but I’ll soon find out! This months objectives are:
- Reach 50 email subscribers (to date 40)
- Have 250 Twitter followers (to date 207)
- Have 250 Instagram followers (to date 203)
- Have 250 Pinterest followers (to date 186)
- Do one guest post
(*asterisk denotes affiliate link)
I would like to read more in 2017, so to start the year I will read two books in January.
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And other concerns)* By Mindy Kailing- I’ve read some great reviews about this book and it’s been on my reading list for quite some time now. I look forward to sharing my views with you!
- Pretty Happy: The Healthy Way to Love Your Body * By Kate Hudson – I admire Hudson’s career and I’m curious of her work. I’m really excited to start reading this one!
To see my current book reviews check out my books category.
Health & Fitness
Oh, baby, it’s cold outside
I was SUPER lazy in December, I hardly did any exercise which made me feel like I can eat whatever I like! I basically gave myself the whole month off, oops! This month I have some serious making up to do. To kick start the year I’ve signed up for a 10k run at the end of January, to train I’ll work out five times a week. Ouch!
- Two 5k runs during the week
- One 7k run at the weekend
- Two gym sessions during the week
When life gets busy we can be too hard on ourselves, as we try to reach all of our goals and get everything done. To keep January fun I would like learn something new and who’s a better teacher than my Mum. 🙂
Okay maybe I’m a little bit biased but my Mum makes the best trifles, I think it’s only right that I learn her recipe!
What About You?
As you can see, I have separated my goals into four different categories. This works perfectly for me at the moment but over the year I may need to add some new ones! It’s important to set yourself goals in different areas of your life, this will ensure you’re well balanced.
Here are six others areas you could set yourself goals in:
- Business / Career
Let’s root for each other and watch each other grow. Would you like to take part in my challenge and set yourself monthly goals? Leave a reply, I would love to hear from you.